Justin Burk is a sophomore from Mt. Vernon, Illinois. After graduating from Mt. Vernon Township High School he moved to Price, Utah with his family. He has one older brother and a twin brother, Jason, who is also attending CEU. Burk is majoring in international studies and hopes to one day work in public administration.
Burk serves as the SUN Center student leader over the Family Support and Children's Justice Center. The FSCJC provides services for parents, including various classes, but mainly they provide respite for parents. Also, the center is a transitional home for children who have been abused and are going to be placed in a foster care home. As a volunteer, Burk goes to the center twice a week to play with the children who are currently there. "I enjoy volunteering at the Family Support and Children's Justice Center because I love working with children," says Burk.
The FSCJC has an upcoming project that Burk has been working on. March is Child Abuse Awareness Month and they are collecting shoes that will be used in a display at the FSCJC. They need around 207 pairs of shoes, which will illustrate how many cases of child abuse there were in Carbon County last year. The shoes will then be donated to those in need. Also, beginning next month they'll be doing yard work and painting at the center. If anyone is interested in volunteering for this project, call the SUN Cen
You are here
- Two arrested for burglary
- New signage replaces 48-year-old marquee
- Alumna hired to assist in admissions/scholarships
- Your rescue from the radio wasteland
- Vice Chancellor Straquadine began new position in January
- NBA playoff contenders half way through the season
- From goose bumps to top hats - decrease your chance of dementia
- USU Eastern’s top-ten worst dates
- Actors on the Spot
- Golden Eagle baseball manages two wins and eight losses on the road